Information & Application
Download, complete and submit the Information & Application form:
ASSOCIATE TRICHOLOGY CERTIFICATION COURSE
- This ONLINE course is for the professional who wants to learn more about common hair loss and scalp conditions but who does not want to practice trichology as a profession.
- This course is perfect for people in the hair care and health industries:
– Hair Replacement Professionals
– Health-care professionals
- These courses have been accredited by:
American Association of Drugless Practitioners
- The online course consists of two parts:
- 1) Associate Trichology Diploma
Students who successfully complete the Associate Trichology Diploma course will receive an Associate Trichologist diploma and be termed as an “Affiliate Member of the WTS”.
- 2) Higher Associate Trichology Diploma (pre-requisite: Associate Trichologist Diploma)
Students who successfully complete the Higher Associate Trichology Diploma course will receive a Higher Associate Trichologist diploma and be termed as an “Associate Member of the WTS”.
- These on-line courses can be taken in the comfort of your home or office. The coursework is emailed directly to your email address.
- 3) OPTIONAL: Two-day Trichology Workshop with Dr. David Kingsley. This workshop at Dr. Kingsley’s New York trichology center is optional and consists of two parts:a) ‘workbook’ section discussing all subjects learnt in the course in more detail (such as different types of hair loss and scalp problems), and
b) ‘hands-on’ section discussing trichology treatments that you can use to help your clients
(pre-requisite: Higher Associate Trichologist Diploma)
- Students who successfully complete the Two-day Trichology Workshop will receive a Higher Associate Trichologist with Honors diploma, but will still be termed as an “Associate Member of the WTS”.
- Successful completion of the Higher Associate Trichologist course can be used as partial credit for the World Trichology Society’s full trichology certification course.
- Affiliates and Associates are NOT fully certified trichologists but are proficient in basic trichological knowledge.
PART A – Associate Trichology Diploma Course
Section 1: Introduction to Trichology
-Brief introduction to Trichology
-The role of the Trichologist
-Setting up a hair/trichology spa (includes confidentiality & hygiene)
-Hair Pull Test
-Products: ingredients safe and not-so-safe
Section 2: Anatomy and Physiology of the Hair
-Differentiation between hair cycles
Section 3: Genetic Hair Loss in Men & women
-Hormones (testosterone & DHT)
-Genetic hair loss classifications in men & women
-Causes of genetic hair loss
-Prescription & trichological treatments for genetic hair loss
PART B – Higher Associate Trichology Diploma Course
Section 4: Other Common Hair Loss Conditions
-The Effluviums (Telogen and Anagen)
-Causes of each
-Prescription & trichological treatments for each.
Section 5: Hair Fiber and Hair Growth Disorders
-Inherited hair fiber defects
-Hirsutism: Hypertrichosis vs Hypotrichosis
-Causes of hair fiber disorders
-Trichological treatments for hair fiber disorders
Section 6: Common Scalp Conditions
-Causes of each
-Prescription & trichological treatments for each
Associate Trichology Diploma course: $500.00
Higher Associate Trichology Diploma course: $500.00
If purchased together: $900.00 ($100.00 discount)
Optional Two-Day Trichology Seminar: $850.00
PLEASE CLICK ON THE BOXES BELOW TO MAKE YOUR PAYMENT.
NOTE: IT MAY TAKE UP TO ONE BUSINESS DAY TO RECEIVE YOUR COURSE MATERIALS VIA EMAIL