2326 N. Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60614
Salon: (773)871-0770 | Clinic: (773)576-7500
Prof. Karen Gordon, WTS BIO:
Director of Cosmetology USA
- President of Karen Gordon Hair Loss Solutions & J. Gordon Designs
- Founder of The Gordon Method of Hair & Scalp Analysis
- Director of Cosmetology USA, World Trichology Society
- Professor, World Trichology Society
- Member of American Hair Loss Council
- Bauman Certified Hair Coach
- President of Cosmetologists Chicago/America’s Beauty Show
- Intercoiffure Board of Directors
- Member Professional Beauty Association (PBA)
- Visiting Trichologist ARROJO NYC
- Global educator on trichology and hair loss
Karen Gordon is a Salon Owner and Certified Trichologist with 44 years of experience in the hair industry. She is the owner of J. Gordon Designs, a salon celebrating its 47th anniversary. She is also the owner of Karen Gordon Hair Loss Solutions, a trichology clinic specializing in helping clients with disorders of the hair and scalp.
After spending many years as a hair color specialist and servicing a devoted clientele, Karen noticed that many of her clients were experiencing thinning hair. As a salon professional, her clients expected she would have answers about why they were losing their hair and what could be could be done to reverse it, but she did not. Wanting to learn more and service her clients better, she attended her first trichology conference in Washington, DC in 2012, and made it her mission to become a leader in the field of trichology. She is now a Professor and the United States Director of Cosmetology for the prestigious World Trichology Society. She is a sought after teacher and conducts monthly seminars and webinars and publishes a bi-weekly blog on all issues related to the hair and scalp. She sees hair loss clients in Chicago, New York and virtually from around the world.
As the President of Cosmetologists Chicago/America’s Beauty Show, and a member of the Board of Directors of the prestigious global organization Intercoiffure, Karen has a broad reach in the salon industry. Her focus is on training hairdressers how to become hair loss specialists within their salons and communities. Her goal is to create a path for salon professionals to “take it to the next level” and help their clients with hair loss issues. She supports several organizations, including Wigs for Kids and Hair to Stay, and is in the process of creating her own foundation to help people suffering from hair loss.