Fundamentals of Trichology Course
This course is for the professional who wants to learn more about common hair loss and scalp conditions but who does not want to practice trichology as a profession.
a) This ONLINE course is for the professional who wants to learn more about common hair loss and scalp conditions but who does not want to practice trichology as a profession.
b) This course is perfect for people in the hair care and health industries:
- Hair Replacement Professionals
- Health-care professionals
The World Trichology Society's Trichology Certification Course has been accredited by:
American Association of Drugless Practitioners
The Fundamentals of Trichology online course consists of three parts. Each part is complete, and the student may stop at whichever level they wish.
1) Fundamentals of Trichology Course
Students who successfully complete the Fundamentals of Trichology course will receive a Fundamentals of Trichology Course Certificate.
2) OPTIONAL: Higher Fundamentals of Trichology Certification (pre-requisite: Fundamentals of Trichology Course Certificate)
Students who successfully complete the Higher Fundamentals of Trichology course will receive a Higher Fundamentals of Trichology Certification and be termed as an "Associate Member of the WTS".
These on-line courses can be taken in the comfort of your home or office. The coursework is emailed directly to your email address.
3) OPTIONAL: One-day Virtual Trichology Workshop (pre-requisite: Higher Fundamentals of Trichology Course Certificate).
This virtual workshop is optional and consists of a Workbook section discussing all subjects learnt in the course in more detail (such as different types of hair loss and scalp problems), what questions to ask your clients to get a better knowledge of their condition, and questions and answers to the professors
Students who successfully complete the one-day Trichology Virtual Workshop will receive a Fundamentals of Trichology Certification with Honors Certificate.
Successful completion of the Higher Fundamentals of Trichology course can be used as partial credit for the World Trichology Society's full trichology certification course.
Section 1: Introduction to Trichology
- Brief introduction to Trichology
- The role of the Trichologist
- Setting up a hair/trichology spa (includes confidentiality & hygiene)
- Trichogram analysis
- Hair Pull Test
- Products: ingredients safe and not-so-safe
- Microscopic examination
Section 2: Anatomy and Physiology of the Hair
- Hair structure
- Hair development
- Hair function
- Hair cycle
- Differentiation between hair cycles
Section 3: Genetic Hair Loss in Men & women
- Hormones (testosterone & DHT)
- Genetic hair loss classifications in men & women
- Causes of genetic hair loss
- Prescription & Trichological treatments for genetic hair loss
Section 4: Other Common Hair Loss Conditions
- The Effluviums (Telogen and Anagen)
- Alopecia Areata
- Cicatricial Alopecia
- Causes of each
- Prescription & Trichological treatments for each.
Section 5: Hair Fiber and Hair Growth Disorders
- Traction Alopecia
- Grey hair
- Inherited hair fibre defects
- Hirsutism: Hypertrichosis vs Hypotrichosis
- Causes of hair fibre disorders
- Trichological treatments for hair fibre disorders
Section 6: Common Scalp Conditions
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Causes of each
- Prescription & Trichological treatments for each
OPTION SEMINAR: This workshop is optional and consists of two parts:
- Workbook section discussing all subjects learnt in the course.
- Hands-on section discussing trichology treatments that you can use to help your clients (pre-requisite: Higher Associate Trichologist Diploma).
Information & Application
Download, complete and submit the Information & Application form: