- An estimated 20 million Americans have some form of thyroid dysfunction.
- Up to 60 percent of those with thyroid disease are unaware of their condition.
- Women are five to eight times more likely than men to have thyroid problems.
- One woman in eight will develop a thyroid disorder during her lifetime.
- The causes of thyroid problems are largely unknown.
- Most thyroid diseases are life-long conditions that can be managed with medical attention AND lifestyle changes.
According to the American Thyroid Association(1) Undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction may put patients at risk for certain serious conditions, such as cardiovascular diseases, osteoporosis, infertility, AND HAIRLOSS
FACTS ABOUT THE THYROID GLAND AND THYROID DISEASE
- The thyroid is a hormone-producing gland that regulates the body’s metabolism—the rate at which the body produces energy from nutrients and oxygen—and affects critical body functions, such as energy level and heart rate.
- The thyroid gland is located in the middle of the lower neck.
- Although the thyroid gland is relatively small, it produces a hormone that influences every cell, tissue and organ in the body.
- Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, depression, forgetfulness, some weight gain, AND HAIRLOSS
- Hyperthyroidism, another form of thyroid disease, is a condition causing the gland to produce too much thyroid hormone. Symptoms include irritability, nervousness, muscle weakness, unexplained weight loss, sleep disturbances, vision problems, eye irritation, AND HAIRLOSS
- Graves’ disease is a type of hyperthyroidism; it is an autoimmune disorder that is genetic and estimated to affect one percent of the population.
During a Trichological consultation, one of the 7H’s of Hair Loss© asked by our Certified Trichologists is about Hormones. Any hormonal imbalances can directly affect hair loss and the trichological treatment protocols.
Trichologists can now check the thyroid and other important markers that contribute to hair growth/loss by ordering an
Just click on the link below to order the at-home/in-office Kit for your client(s), and keep the kits handy in your office to include in your follow-up visits.
With our continuous commitment to give our graduates and members the best of the best, you can use the WTS coupon code below and save some money!!
The at-home/ in-office thyroid test kit retails for $99. With WTS coupon code, you pay $80. ($19 off.)
The monthly membership is $20 per month. With WTS coupon code, you pay only $1 for their first month. ($19 off the first month.)
Please note when you click on the following link (https://app.palomahealth.com/referral/WTS):
- You will be leaving this website and be directed to a different website.
- The information posted by the Society on our website, or any third parties website, should not be considered medical advice and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with qualified health professionals.
- For more information about third party products, please see our disclaimer at https://worldtrichologysociety.org/disclaimer/.
*We engage in affiliate marketing whereby we receive funds through clicks to our affiliate program through this website or we receive funds through the sale of goods or services on or through this website. We may also accept advertising and sponsorships from commercial businesses or receive other forms of advertising compensation. This disclosure is intended to comply with the US Federal Trade Commission Rules on marketing and advertising, as well as any other legal requirements which may apply.